01. General Scheme and Summary of use of the Electronic Fishing Journal
- For the reporting of fishing trips by vessels with a reduced time duration, in the Portuguese EEZ and without any other type of increased reporting obligations, the available document can be consulted
- For reporting fishing trips by vessels with:
- Activity within the scope of recovery plans referred to in Article 5 of Regulation (EC) 2371/2002, the management plans referred to in Article 6 of Regulation (EC) 2371/2002, as well as other Community provisions adopted on the basis of Article 37 of the EC Treaty and which provide for specific management measures for certain fish stocks over several years
- Vessels operating in international waters under regional fisheries management organizations or from third countries; Ships with quantities on board of more than 10 tons of the species Herring, Carapaus. Mackerel, Verdinho and Anchovy
- Ships that carry out discharges or transhipments outside national ports can be consulted the available document.
02. Conducting tests with the Electronic Fishing Diary reports
All messages with the Electronic Fishing Diary (DPE) reports sent by the masters / captains are kept in a database, for the purposes of accounting for data relating to the fishing activity of each vessel.
Whenever there is a need to carry out tests or practice recording catches or sending reports, it is recommended to use a computer that is not connected to the vessel's blue box. If you choose to use the computer connected to the blue box, you are warned that all messages generated will be counted for determining the vessel's activity.
If incorrect DPE reports are sent, they must be deleted or corrected, so as not to account for erroneous data in the database.
If the purpose of carrying out tests is to ensure that the communication with the control center is operational, then you must use a specific test that can be found in the Communications menu, item Test Communication. If the final result indicates that the connection to the control center is operational, then the DPE application, together with the Control Center system, is working correctly, so the master / captain must register and transmit the activity data normally.
03. Reason for returning to port
The return to port (RTP) message contains a field where you must indicate the reason for returning to port. Since only the reasons with the SHE and LAN codes are described, the complete list of codes to be used is listed below.
TRA transhipment in port
SCR Return to scientific research
GRD Anchored and called by the authorities
04. Correction of Electronic Fishing Journal data
Any corrections to the fishing log data can only be made until the moment of entering the port.