The Maritime Spatial Plan covers the entire national maritime space, from the baselines to the outer limit of the continental shelf, integrating inland maritime waters, the territorial sea, the exclusive economic zone and the continental shelf, including beyond 200 nautical miles.
The Maritime Spatial Plan is an instrument for planning the national maritime space and constitutes an essential tool for the policy of the sea. The Plan identifies the spatial and temporal distribution of existing and potential uses and activities, also identifying areas relevant to nature conservation, biodiversity, the values ??corresponding to underwater cultural heritage and the networks and structures essential to national defense, internal security and civil protection.
The Plan promotes compatibility between competing uses or activities, with a view to contributing to a better economic use of the marine environment and minimizing the impact of human activities on the marine environment. This plan is also the instrument that allows the attribution of a Permit of Private Use of the National Maritime Space.
See the Maritime Spatial Plan here.
- Implement the objectives of the National Strategy for the Sea
- Promote sustainable, rational and efficient economic exploitation of marine resources
- Sort uses and activities
- Prevent and minimize conflicts between competing uses and activities
- Ensure legal security and transparency in the allocation of the Title of Private Use of the National maritime space.
- Ecosystem approach
- Adaptive management
- Compatibility with policies and other planning instruments
- Promoting collaboration for responsible ocean governance
- Valorization and promotion of economic activities
- Regional and cross-border cooperation and coordination
- Participation and simplicity of perception.
- Geo-spatial representation of the order that establishes the spatial and temporal distribution of existing values, uses and activities
- Geo-spatial representation of the order that establishes the spatial and temporal distribution of values, uses and potential activities
- Characterization report
- Environmental report and declaration, in accordance with the legislation applicable to the environmental assessment of plans and programs.