Decree-Law no. 278/87, of 7 July, as amended by Decree-Law no. 383/98, of 17 July, and Regulatory Decree no. 43/87, of 17 July , republished by Regulatory Decree no. 16/2015, of 16 September, provide for the chartering of fishing vessels, which is formalized in a document (charter contract) stating the contractual terms and conditions between the charterer and the charterer. Sub-chartering (use or exploration) of the vessel to third parties is not permitted.
The charter request must be made through a form, to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied by the following:
- Draft of the charter contract agreed between the parties, which, without prejudice to other clauses established between the parties, must contain the following information:
- Full identification of the charterer and the charterer
- Full identification of the vessel to be chartered, namely the vessel's name, registration and, in the case of EU fishing vessels, the vessel's registration number in the European Union fishing fleet file (ex: PRT000000000) , dimensions and, gross tonnage capacity (GT) and propulsion power (kW)
- Object of the charter contract (ex: commercial exploitation)
- Contract duration
- Information related to the nautical and commercial management of the vessel.
(*) To be sent only if it is impossible to travel in person to our services to prove them.
Note: The information indicated above does not exempt you from consulting the particulars of the type of charter required.
Chartering of National Vessels
Vessels Operating in Waters under Sovereignty and / or National Jurisdiction
In the charter contract, in addition to the one already indicated, the obligation to exercise the activity in the area and with the gear for which the vessel is licensed must include in its clause. The charter request must be made through the Form, available on the Online Services (See here), to the electronic address: email@example.com.
Vessels Operating in Waters of Third Countries, International Waters or in Waters of Other Member States
In the charter contract, in addition to what has already been indicated, the characteristics of the gear to be used, the areas in which the vessel will operate and which species to exploit must be included in its clause. In the case of chartering to a third country, the clause must also state that the chartering is subject to the authorization of the official entity of the country that has the competences for that purpose.
The charter request must be made through a Form, available on the Online Services (See here), to the electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: In addition to the indicated documentation, additional documentation may be requested.
Chartering of Foreign Vessels
In the charter contract, in addition to that already indicated in the general information, the following must be included in its clause:
- Area where the vessel will operate, fishing gear and target species
- Explanation of the new types of vessel, the new fishing gear or techniques or the new areas of operation that are aimed at experimenting with the charter (when applicable)
- Identification and characteristics of the vessel whose construction or modification has already been authorized and which is intended to be replaced by the vessel to be chartered (when applicable).
The charter request must be made through a Form, available on the Online Services (See here), to the electronic address: email@example.com, also attaching the vessel's official documents regarding its identification and respective property, as well as documents attesting that it has the internationally required technical and safety requirements.